//7 THROWBACK


//7






Recently so many of my friends and people I met asked me what’s my plan after graduation (c’mon I still have 2 years until then). To all of them and each one the answer is always ‘I don’t know’. Why plan something a few years ahead when you don't know what’s gonna happen next week, or even next hour. 

I have not always been like this. I used to plan everything to very last minute. Plans and expectations, and whenever something went not exactly how I planed it, it made me upset. And why unnecessary upsetting yourself? One very important person helped me realised that everything can change within a second, life plans gets ruined, and (who knows) maybe for the better. This person has also taught me that only positive vibes matters. So if you are reading this, thank you x 

A year ago, when those photos were taken I was completely different person. Full time student, with part time job, in a serious relationship, house and all the responsibilities. Still quite new in the country, struggling to make decent friends.

I remember the day those photos were taken. Me and my parents were on a day trip to Sandomierz. The summer was nearly over and I was about to go back to university after spending the whole 3 months of my holidays back at home with my friends and family. At this point I didn’t really want to go back. Studying abroad, away from your family and all of your best friends isn’t always that easy or great. After the first year of university I hated absolutely everything about it. I was struggling to be sociable, so I didn’t make any friends. I didn’t really like my course and on top of that I detested my work. Instead of making my long-term dream come true I felt like I was at the edge of giving up. I was ready to pack my bags, drop uni, work, leave everything behind and just come back home. However, in the back of my head I always knew it would be silly to give up that easily. So I never did. 

And after all I’m happy I didn’t. Despite the fact this past year was a fast speed roller coaster and some days I didn’t know if I was falling up or jumping down. It was a mixture of tears and joy. But eventually it taught me that I am stronger than I thought I was. I’ve learnt that some things must change to make room for something new, and that there’s no need to worry, planning and stressing. Whatever needs to happen happens and instead of planning and expecting just live the life, get as much as you can from every moment, embrace the happiness, treat each day like an adventure and welcome it with massive banana smile on your face. 

Here, massive shout out to my family, best friends and my irreplaceable flatmates (and my part-time flatmates) without whom I wouldn't have so much laugh over past few months! 



dress: EMENTE // shoes: ASOS // sunglasses: ASOS 

// 

photos taken by my mamma in Kazimierz Dolny, Poland 
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts